guix-devel

Re: Release on April 18th?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Release on April 18th?
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 11:00:18 -0500

On the translation side of things, we now have an almost rolling-release model, so deadline is fine. We need to figure out a date for a string freeze if we want to have good coverage for the release. Maybe a week before ?

For the date, I'd like to make sure we have some time to clean the aftermaths of the core-updates merge, so maybe two or three weeks after it would be good. If we do not merge core-updates yet, then we can release earlier than that.