guix-devel

Re: core-updates: Emacs is only supported on x86_64-linux?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: core-updates: Emacs is only supported on x86_64-linux?
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 18:47:04 -0500

Hi Chris,

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:
> I've gone ahead and pushed the patch I proposed to master, I think it's
> a step forward.

On second thought, maybe you have the right idea.  It's becoming
increasingly clear that we cannot continue to postpone fixing our Rust
packages on non-Intel platforms.  We will need to make this a priority,
and your patch is a step toward that goal.  Also, the Rust build on
'aarch64-linux' got further than I expected, as shown in
<https://bugs.gnu.org/47019>.

     Thanks,
       Mark