guix-devel

Re: Getting the Guix Build Coordinator agent working on the Hurd

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Getting the Guix Build Coordinator agent working on the Hurd
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 11:10:55 +0100

Hi,

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

>> There are open questions as to what to include in the build environment:
>>
>>   https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2020/childhurds-and-substitutes/
>
> Isolation would be nice of course, although I'm not sure how much this
> will affect reproducibility, unless things are poking around in the
> store directly.

Lack of isolation is an immediate problem.  I was hopeful until we
stumbled upon an util-linux test failure; whether it fails depends on
what’s in the environment.

So I think isolation is not superfluous, which is annoying because it
means we pretty much have to address that before we can profit.

Ludo’.