guix-devel

Re: Release 1.2.1: status

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Release 1.2.1: status
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 14:09:01 -0400

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 09:50:55AM +0100, zimoun wrote:
> The release work happens on master.  The branch wip-next-release
> contains fixes, but AFAIK, it is not built by the CI, and these fixes
> are ’core-updates’-like changes; I do not know if it is doable to merge
> on time.

I agree. The scope of ungrafting has grown way too large, and we need to
spend the rest of the time fixing bugs.

Maybe there are some things we could ungraft in time, or that are
failing to work properly as grafts (ImageMagick / broken Inkscape?) and
should thus be ungrafted or somehow adjusted.

>From the wip-next-release branch, we should cherry-pick the tzdata
updates and Qt 4 removal.

I'll rewrite the branch with those commits today, and then see about
getting it built on CI.