guix-devel

Re: Finding the store path of a package

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Finding the store path of a package
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:12:00 +0100

Hi Simon,

> On a side note, Ricardo did recently some stuff as UI for packages,
>
>   <http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix-hpc/2021-03-18.log#083513>
>   <https://elephly.net/downies/pigx-web-envy.png>

Looks good! My project has a lot of overlap, except that it is very
intentionally not based on Web technology, but on a malleable platform
(http://gtoolkit.com/) in which you can also do data analysis and other
computation. It's more like Emacs than like a Web app.

> And on another side note, I would like to have the abilities to join or
> intersect graphs; be able to visualize “guix graph foo bar” using D3.js,
> or the intersection or the complementary of the intersection, etc.
> Something similar for packages as the Ludo’s proof of concept for
> services,
>
>    <https://notabug.org/civodul/guix-explorer>

Nice! That kind of visualization is not my focus for now, but the people
who build the Glamorous Toolkit platform are very much into that and
there's a lot of support code for visually exploring software systems:

   https://gtoolkit.com/usecases/software-assessment/

Cheers,
  Konrad.