guix-devel

Improving the quality of Python packages

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Improving the quality of Python packages
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 19:08:07 +0200

Hi there,

I just took it upon myself to upgrade our Jupyter / Python notebook
packages.  Some of these packages have their tests disabled because of
circular dependencies.  Unfortunately, when tests are disabled many
Python packages build fine even though they miss inputs.

Only when I enable tests Python complains about missing dependencies.

Is there a way we can improve the quality of those Python packages that
have tests disabled?  I’d like to gain more confidence in these packages
and be sure that at least all dependencies are among the inputs.

--
Ricardo