guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 in September? (was: Re: GNU Guix 1.3.0 released)

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 in September? (was: Re: GNU Guix 1.3.0 released)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 12:47:42 -0400

I agree string freeze was way too long for this release. We entered string freeze one week before the planned release date, it got pushed by almost one month.

For next release, I think it would be better to enter string freeze along with rc1 or a bit later, but always at least give one week before release (so a late string freeze could delay release by a few days).