guix-devel

Re: website: A little help running the website locally

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: website: A little help running the website locally
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 19:38:49 +0000

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 1:46 PM, <gauthier@disroot.org> wrote:

> Just a heads up that due to this thread, I've been able to run the website
> locally too, that was one of my first realworld usage of guix, I'm slow on
> this journey, but I've started it :)

Great :)

> Regarding the website itself, I wanted to adjust the package page, so that it
> has a direct link to the package description from the github repository and
> I've not managed my guile foo (which is 0.00000001) enough to figure how to
> adjust the code already present in case of lint error.
>
> Maybe a current maintainer can wipe such change faster than waiting for me to
> advance my journey, I think it would benefit the website users to have direct
> link to the .scm from the package description page, or even having it pretty
> printed right on the page ideally.

I'm not sure I understand. I see that in the details page of a package there is
a "Package source" field which links to the file and line where the package
definition starts. See for example:

https://guix.gnu.org/en/packages/audacity-2.4.2/

Which links to audio.scm
(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/audio.scm#n683).
Or is it that for some packages the link is not working?

In any case, I think it would be good to report any issue to the issue tracker
(https://issues.guix.gnu.org/), if it isn't already reported.