guix-devel

What is the standard path for documentation?

From: Paul A. Patience
Subject: What is the standard path for documentation?
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 16:37:38 +0000

Hi,

What is the standard place to put documentation?
The license files are automatically installed to the
share/doc/NAME-VERSION directory
(see install-licence-files in gnu-build-system.scm),
but it seems like various packages install the actual
documentation to share/doc/NAME.

I ask because I'm fixing the dealii package's documentation
installation step (the documentation installation directories
are not correctly specified).

Also, is it alright for files in the documentation directories
to refer to various other directories in the store?
Deal.II installs the attached files as documentation, but
I thought I saw the source of a Guix package make an attempt
to strip build directory information from one of its output
files.

Thanks,
Paul