guix-devel

problem with ruby-taskjuggler packaging and timezone

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: problem with ruby-taskjuggler packaging and timezone
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:50:06 +0200

Hi Guix!

I'm packaging ruby-taskjuggler (I'll provide a patch series as soon as I
get to fix this bug), this is the package definition:

(define-public ruby-taskjuggler
  (package
    (name "ruby-taskjuggler")
    (version "3.7.1")
    (source
     (origin
       (method url-fetch)
       (uri (rubygems-uri "taskjuggler" version))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "1jrsajzhzpnfa8hj6lbf7adn8hls56dz3yw1gvzgz9y4zkka3k9v"))))
    (build-system ruby-build-system)
    (inputs `(("tzdata" ,tzdata)))
    (propagated-inputs
     `(("ruby-mail" ,ruby-mail)
       ("ruby-term-ansicolor" ,ruby-term-ansicolor)))
    (arguments
     '(#:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases
                  (replace 'replace-git-ls-files
                    (lambda _
                      (substitute* "tasks/rdoc.rake"
                        (("`git ls-files -- lib`")
                         "`find lib/ -type f |sort`"))
                      #t))
                  (add-before 'check 'tzdir-setup
                    (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
                      (setenv "TZDIR"
                              (string-append (assoc-ref inputs "tzdata")
                                             "/share/zoneinfo"))
                      #t))
                  (add-before 'check 'delete-test-BatchProcessor
                    ;; test_BatchProcessor fails with exeption:
                    ;; run> terminated with exception (report_on_exception is
true)
                    (lambda _
                      (delete-file "test/test_BatchProcessor.rb")
                      #t)))))
    (synopsis
     "Project management command line tool with a domain specific language")
    (description
     "TaskJuggler (tj3) is a project management command line tool for project
planning and tracking.  You plan and track your projects using a domain
specific language, projects are plain text files written using your favourite
text editor.  It includes customizable reporting tools to publish HTML, CSV or
iCalendar reports and an email based status tracking system to generate and
process time sheets.

It covers the complete spectrum of project management tasks from the first
idea to the completion of the project.  It assists you during project scoping,
resource assignment, cost and revenue planning, risk and communication
management, status tracking and reporting.")
    (home-page "https://taskjuggler.org";)
    (license license:gpl2)))

The derivation is succesfully built, tests included (except the removed
one) but if I run the program with a test file I get problems with the
timezone:

giovanni@roquette: tj3 -o project-001 project-001.tjp

./acme-includes/project-defaults.tji:3: Error: Europe/Rome is not a known time
zone
timezone 'Europe/Rome'

I can use any timezone but UTC and the result is always the same.

The strange thing is that timezones are tested at build time but they
seems missing at runtime.

Please any hint on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks! Gio'

P.S.: for the package to be compiled ruby-term-ansicolor must be
upgraded to 1.7.1

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures