guix-devel

Re: Substitutes from bordeaux.guix.gnu.org

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Substitutes from bordeaux.guix.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:20:31 +0200

Hi,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès 写道:
>> Currently there’s the OSUOSL POWER9 VM but it’s not
>> “plugged in” (I think because it’s a machine not “under our control”
>> that OSUOSL is giving us access to for a limited time, IIUC).
>
> Wait, if you don't know, who does?  I thought you were the one
> reticent about it.  I think we should add it.

Yes, I’m usually reticent about using build machines not “under our
control”, and trying to be consistent at that.  :-)

> Like any donated hosting the offer could end tomorrow, but that just
> means the VM goes away, not that OSUOSL co-opts it to install the
> office Minetest server.

Yeah, maybe we should just plug it in.

Then there’s the issue that it won’t be able to keep up so we need a
custom Cuirass jobset or something.

BTW, did I mention we have budget?  :-)  Is there affordable POWER9
hardware we could purchase?

Ludo’.