guix-devel

Re: [core-updates] texlive 2021 bootstrap problem

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann
Subject: Re: [core-updates] texlive 2021 bootstrap problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 17:43:21 -0300

Hello,

TeX Live situation update:

Em sexta-feira, 25 de junho de 2021, às 02:00:37 -03, Thiago Jung Bauermann
escreveu:
> Em sexta-feira, 25 de junho de 2021, às 00:34:23 -03, Maxim Cournoyer
> escreveu:
>
> > I had a cursory look at the commits; they look good to me!  And the
> > commit messages are very useful in understanding the hows and whys.
> > Make sure to send them to guix-patches@gnu.org after you are satisfied
> > with the result!
>
> Thank you for having a look! I will certainly submit themt o Guix when I
> manage to get a working build of TeX Live 2021.

I was able to build the main TeX Live packages with  source tarball version
20210325 – the latest on the historic TeX Live FTP site – and subversion
tag texlive-2021.3 – the latest tag in the TeX Live repo.

Unfortunately issue 48064¹ still happens. On the bright side, I found a
workaround for it that also works with TeX Live 2020 currently in core-
updates I will submit the patch with the workaround as soon as testing
finishes, hopefuly later today.

I will also separately submit patches updating TeX Live to 2021 after I
build all of the texlive packages, hopefuly in a couple of days.

--
Thanks,
Thiago

¹ https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48064