guix-devel

Re: Rethinking propagated inputs?

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: Rethinking propagated inputs?
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 10:06:02 +0000

> > What do you think of "build-propagated-inputs"?
>
> We don't call things build-inputs here in Guix land, that's a no-no :P

potentially worthless two cents from a newcomer's perspective:
'build-time' and 'run-time' are well established concepts in the wider
community.

if i were reading 'linked-inputs' in a package definition, i wouldn't
associate it to being the set of build-time dependencies.

the best name, from my admittedly uninformed perspective, would be
`build-time-inputs`.

- attila
PGP: 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39