guix-devel

Re: Batching world-rebuilding changes for the core-updates-frozen branch

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann
Subject: Re: Batching world-rebuilding changes for the core-updates-frozen branch
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 02:56:19 -0300

Hello again,

Em quinta-feira, 9 de setembro de 2021, às 19:47:20 -03, Thiago Jung
Bauermann escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> Em quinta-feira, 9 de setembro de 2021, às 19:33:43 -03, Tobias
> Geerinckx-
> Rice escreveu:
> > Thiago Jung Bauermann 写道:
> >
> > > Curiously, the odd-numbered workers still advertise
> > > powerpc64-linux:
> > > https://ci.guix.gnu.org/machine/hydra-guix-101
> >
> > …?  Curious indeed!  I definitely remember odd numbers scrolling
> > by, but I don't recall .101 specifically, nor did I read the
> > (voluminous) output in detail.  I'll take a look tomorrow.
>
> Perhaps there’s a delay in when those web pages are updated. Today for
> the first time I’ve seen a build being routed to guixp9:
  ⋮
<snip>
  ⋮
> So it seems to have worked, even though https://ci.guix.gnu.org/metrics
> still says there were 0 builds there in the past 24h.

Actually, it’s not a case of the web pages being out of date. The
hydra-guix-<odd number> machines are still doing emulated powerpc64le-linux
builds, unfortunately. :-/

ON the bright side, guixp9 is doing some of the builds as well!

--
Thanks,
Thiago