guix-devel

Re: Replacing polkit by polkit-duktape on core-updates-frozen ?

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: Replacing polkit by polkit-duktape on core-updates-frozen ?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:42:21 +0000

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:

at it throws, after adding the missing polkit export:

> $ ./pre-inst-env guix build  -s aarch64-linux gnome-control-center -n
> guix build: error: gnu/packages/gnome.scm:5299:2: package
> `colord-minimal@1.4.5' has an invalid input: ("polkit" #<syntax-transformer
> polkit>)

Since polkit is now syntax, it needs to be expanded before being
compiled at all its uses, however guile (and our build system) doesn't
automatically recompile all .scm files that use the changed definition.

A simple `rm $(grep --include=\*.go -rl polkit .)` in the root of the
checkout, followed by a `make` did it for me.

As a side note, I'm also investigating that sddm error today.

Best,
Josselin Poiret