guix-devel

Re: Update on bordeaux.guix.gnu.org

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Update on bordeaux.guix.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 20:54:41 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

The disk space usage trend is pretty much
linear, so if things continue without any change, I think it will be necessary to pause the agents within a month, to avoid filling up
bayfront entirely.

Ah, bummer.  I hope we can find a solution one way or another.
Certainly we could replicate nars on another machine with more disk,
possibly buying the necessary hardware with the project funds.

Remember that I’ve got three 256G SSDs here that I could send to wherever bayfront now sits. With LLVM or a RAID configuration these could just be added to the storage pool — if bayfront has sufficient slots for three more disks.

--
Ricardo