guix-devel

Re: GNU Shepherd config contribution

From: jbranso
Subject: Re: GNU Shepherd config contribution
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:15:43 +0000

January 16, 2022 8:06 PM, "Adam Faiz" <adam.faiz5990@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/01/2022 16:41, jbranso@dismail.de wrote:
>
>> Hey, Adam thanks for this submission!
>> I think it's great that you can give examples of shepherd services! I don't
>> really know
>> much about how to define shepherd services. Maybe you could teach me
>> sometime.
>> Since, you are wanting to submit code, we recommend that you paste your code
>> guix-patches@gnu.org.
>> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html#Submitting-Patches
>> Where do you want your code snippets/documentation to go? Do you want to add
>> to the cookbook?
>> Or do you want to add to the manual?
>> Thanks,
>> Joshua
>
> I think the code snippets should go in the "Service Examples" section of the
> GNU Shepherd manual.

Sounds like a plan.  I encourage you to send a git patch to
guix-patches@gnu.org.

You can also see me do some documentation things for guix here:

https://video.hardlimit.com/w/p/1QcKYmwsbAptwmizJDsxSD?playlistPosition=27&resume=true

This is a good guide for how to use git send-email.

https://git-send-email.io/