guix-devel

Re: Preservation of Guix report 2022-01-16

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Preservation of Guix report 2022-01-16
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:44:35 +0100

Hi,

Timothy Sample <samplet@ngyro.com> skribis:

> One way to handle things like partial checkouts is to revisit storing
> SWHIDs with our origins.  If you have the directory ID, you can just
> download the directory from SWH without worrying about SVN at all.  It
> would also give us an easy way to handle Bazaar and CVS (which are under
> development at SWH).

That sounds by far the easiest and most robust solution.

The downside is that we’d be storing both the nar hash and the SWHID.
We could arrange so that the daemon checks both hashes when both are
provided.

The more we make progress, the more it seems we won’t be able to avoid
storing multiple hashes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.