guix-devel

License of your contributions to the blog at guix.gnu.org

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: License of your contributions to the blog at guix.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 14:47:04 +0100

Hello,

I am emailing you on behalf of the GNU Guix project because you are the
author or coauthor of one or more articles to the blog at
<https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog>.

With a few exceptions, these articles do not have a clear license, which
we would like to fix.  We propose to dual-license all the articles under
CC-BY-SA 4.0 and GFDL version 1.3 or later, with no Invariant Sections,
no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

Do you agree with the proposed licensing terms for your contributions to
the blog?

If you do, please reply to this message to say so, keeping
guix-devel@gnu.org Cc’d (if you already replied in the previous thread,
you do not need to reply again).

If you would prefer different licensing terms, or if you have any
questions, feel free to ask them publicly on guix-devel@gnu.org or
privately with guix-maintainers@gnu.org.

The clarified license will allow us and others to reuse material in the
manual, cookbook, and in other free cultural works.  See
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-01/msg00389.html>
for the initial discussion.

Thanks in advance!

Ludo’.