guix-devel

Recording of FOSDEM 2022 videos are now available to view online

From: Oliver Propst
Subject: Recording of FOSDEM 2022 videos are now available to view online
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:32:12 +0100

Here is just a brief note about that most of the FOSDEM 2022 videos are now available online to view here [0] for those who is interested to have a look at them (something which I think you absolutely should be if you are interested and have a passion for Guix and open source computing).

FOSDEM 2022 which despite taken place entirely online this year can properly be considered as a great success for the Guix project and the Declarative and Minimalistic Computing devroom as we had so many cool people both attending and presenting at the event.

I think further that the videos from FOSDEM 2022 are a true testament to the love and care the people who took time to present at FOSDEM 2022 feel for free and open source computing and the Guix project in general for that matter in this for many people difficult and *challenging times we live in.

Anyways here's to hopefully many more years of love and passion for the advancement of Guix [1] and free and open source computing.

*which for me and maybe others can work as a motivating factor to work for and push for doing the right thing and pushing technology in the "right" proper direction (which it feels like the Guix project is all to me basically).

*I can mention that I almost got tears in my eyes when I this weekend read about Tobias Platens efforts of including Veloren, a game written in Rust for Guix (how cool is not that?). See this mail [2] for more details about Tobias work and efforts.

0. https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/track/declarative_and_minimalistic_computing/
1. https://guix.gnu.org/
2. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-02/msg00118.html

*If the situation with regards to Covid the pandemic improves I think there is a a decent possibility about that FOSDEM 2023 could be an in-person event and that people are allowed to meet physically in larger groups again.

--
Kinds regards Oliver Propst
https://twitter.com/Opropst