guix-devel

Apology and proposal withdraw

From: zimoun
Subject: Apology and proposal withdraw
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 23:05:29 +0100

Hi,

Although I still think the update to the wording of v2.1 [1] is good, it
appears to me that the thread is going out of rail again, breaching the
current CoC:

* Focusing on what is best for the community

I was thinking that simply asking for an update would have been as
smooth as in 2018 from v1.3 to v1.4 [2].  Wrong!  It is again and again
unrelated off-topic debates which leads nowhere.  And worse, it hurts or
offends or strongly irritates some of us.

Therefore, I apologize.  I am sorry to have overestimated the capacity
of some Guix community members to keep a positive environment and show
empathy towards other community members.

I withdraw my proposal of a CoC update from v1.4 to v2.1 since the
thread is apparently not able to stay on track.  Please stop any further
discussion, especially off-topic discussions – otherwise it would be
another breach of our CoC by «trolling, insulting/derogatory comments,
and personal or political attacks».

1: <https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/1/code_of_conduct/>
2: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-05/msg00146.html>

Thanks,