guix-devel

Creating subtitles for the Guix Days videos!

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Creating subtitles for the Guix Days videos!
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:36:19 +0100

Hi Guix!

I'm looking for volunteers to create English subtitles for the Guix Days
talks. It would be great for people who are not very good with spoken
English but who can still understand text.

We have created a pad with the list of videos and steps to coordinate
and make sure we don't all work on the same videos. Please add you name
in front of the video you want to create subtitles for:

https://mensuel.framapad.org/p/guixdays2022-videosubtitles-9stl

You can use aegisub to create the subtitles. Note that it's a lot of
work (typically 1 hour for ~10 minutes of video), so I'd be glad for any
work you can do, even if it's partial. Please send me the subtitles once
they are completed, I'll add them with the videos.