guix-devel

Re: PipeWire as a PulseAudio replacement (was Re: The Shepherd on Fibers

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: PipeWire as a PulseAudio replacement (was Re: The Shepherd on Fibers)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 15:22:35 +0200

Hello Brendan,

Brendan Tildesley <mail@brendan.scot> writes:
> Which environment variables are you talking about? I'm running pipewire on
> Guix System
>
> and it seems to work fine.
>
>> Best,

Right, I think I conflated too many different things, basically my
use-case was making screensharing work on wlroots-based compositors, but
the service that need these env variables (at least WAYLAND_DISPLAY I
think) is xdg-desktop-portal-wlr.  WirePlumber and PipeWire should be
fine by themselves, since they're started by the session D-Bus and thus
should have access to it, and shouldn't need anything else.

Best,

--
Josselin Poiret