guix-devel

Error pulling custom channel that includes another third-party channel

From: B. Wilson
Subject: Error pulling custom channel that includes another third-party channel
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:29:01 +0900

Hey Guix,

In my channels.scm, in addition to the primary guix channel I have my-channel
and other-channel. This has worked just fine, until I added a commit in
my-channel which use-modules something from other-channel.

Now guix pull fails when attempting to build my-channel:

    (exception misc-error (value #f) (value "no code for module ~S") (value
((other channel module))) (value #f))

What am I missing?

Just to be clear, locally building with `guix build -L path/to/my-channel foo`
succeeds just fine. Is there somewhere inside my-channel where I need to
explicitly declare the dependency on other-channel?

Any help appreciated. Cheers,

BW