guix-devel

Re: The case for moving raw binaries

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: The case for moving raw binaries
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:55:30 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op do 28-04-2022 om 18:37 [+0200]:
> the shell by typing a dot and using tab completion.  What's more, in
> some build systems there might be two (or even more) off them.  This
> makes a generic wrap after wrap pattern almost impossible to achieve.
>
> So, what's the fix?  I propose moving rawbins to a different location.
> libexec would spring to mind as a place in which we could hide them, so

How does this help with double wrapping?  Whether the wrappers /
originals are put in /bin or $RAWBIN_DIR, it's still wrapped twice.

Also, FWIW, double-wrapping works nicely for 'wrap-program' -- it just
appende or prepended some extra X=Y lines.  With some work and test
cases, 'wrap-script' could be extended to support such a thing as well.

Greetings,
Maxime.