guix-devel

‘staging’ branch is open!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: ‘staging’ branch is open!
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 01:08:52 +0200

Hi!

The ‘staging’ branch is open!  Which means that changes with “between
300 and 1,800 rebuilds” (info "(guix) Submitting Patches") can go there;
now’s the time to (re)send package updates in that ballpark.

Incidentally, I was considering ungrafting things on that branch, even
those that go beyond the 1,800 dependents limit, since this is almost
always a safe change and ci.guix now has the capacity and stability
needed for that.

What do people think?

I think we should aim for a freeze in one or two weeks, merging in three
weeks, and resume work on the new release to be done sometime after the
merge.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.