guix-devel

Re: Adding custom X Keyboard layout definitions

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: Adding custom X Keyboard layout definitions
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 11:14:28 +0000

> Is there a mechanism for adding custom X Keyboard definitions that will get
> picked up by setxkbmap and friends?

it's possible by now to put the files under your ~/.config/xkb/ (or straight
out symlink to a dir in your favourite config repo)

i've recently packaged a tool called xkblayout that generates the necessary
template files for a new layout. if you use that tool, then your new layout
will even show up in gnome settings.

further details:

https://who-t.blogspot.com/search/label/xkb
https://who-t.blogspot.com/2020/09/user-specific-xkb-configuration-putting.html