guix-devel

Re: ‘staging’ branch is open!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: ‘staging’ branch is open!
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 17:23:02 +0200

Hi,

zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> skribis:

> On Sun, 15 May 2022 at 22:55, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> I propose freezing tomorrow evening, Monday 16th ca. 8PM CEST.
>> How does that sound?
>
> LGTM.  The branch is now frozen and receive only fixes, right?

An update: ci.guix wasn’t building much lately due to a bug that was
finally fixed a few days ago:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/55441

However, to quote Forest Gump, “shit happens”, and indeed it happened to
us: we lost SSH access to berlin.guix.gnu.org about the time we were
going to reconfigure it so it has that bug fix.

So, while working on it, the schedule itself is frozen.  :-)

Hopefully we’ll get a clearer picture in the coming days…

Ludo’.