guix-devel

Re: On commit access, patch review, and remaining healthy

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: On commit access, patch review, and remaining healthy
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 17:11:48 +0200

Hi Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> skribis:

> As someone who has never used debbugs or emacs I find it daunting to try
> to add it into my workflow. Currently I am subscribed to guix-patches
> and I dump it into my guix-devel mailing list. I read my mail using mutt
> and will just pipe the patches to git to apply them and try them out
> that way. After years and years of this I'm pretty happy with this
> aspect of my workflow, but finding older patches can be more
> challenging. And in our case older can be only a week old.

The manual mentions the two web interfaces in addition to Emacs:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Debbugs-User-Interfaces.html

Do you or would you use them to keep track of pending patches?

Perhaps a CLI taking advantage of mumi’s HTTP interface (or using
Guile-Debbugs) would work better?  Like:

  mumi new          # list new issues
  mumi fetch 1234   # fetch patches of issue #1234
  mumi close 1234
  …

WDYT?

Ludo’.