guix-devel

Re: D Packages in Guix

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: D Packages in Guix
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 19:20:03 +0200

Tobias Platen 写道:
I had a look at Inochi2D[1], which is written in D.
D has its own packagemanager called dub, so a dub-importer will be
needed to build Inochi2D with guix

Such an importer would certainly be welcome. I recently encountered my first D package in the wild.

However: there's nothing stopping you from packaging D(ub) packages for Guix today. You don't need an importer for that.

For inochi2d, it seems like you'll need[0]:

 imagefmt
 inmath
 silly
 bindbc-opengl
 bindbc-loader
 fghj
 mir-algorithm
 mir-core

Not nothing, but nowhere near ‘we absolutely need an importer to use this language’ levels either.

Aside: there are some unmerged improvements to the dub-build-system at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/55999> that might be of interest to you.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Inochi2D/inochi2d/main/dub.sdl