guix-devel

r-mathjaxr

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: r-mathjaxr
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:51:22 +0200

Hi,

unfortunately I had to revert commits
9078c651e8d50e08b46e3b2da1c532c15af5ddb6 (Add r-mathjaxr) and
00056eafaefed0af8535f219760fbbe01dd6f240 (updating r-metafor).

mathjaxr contains vast amounts of minified JavaScript that cannot be
built from source.  The Guix R team has been working on packaging this
properly for a very long time, but it’s still work in progress.  We
cannot include packages that merely wrap megabytes of minified
JavaScript — we need to actually build this from source.

There are a couple more R package updates that I’ve had to hold back
because of issues like that.  The good news is that we can soon build a
slightly degraded version of mathjaxr completely from source.

--
Ricardo