guix-devel

Re: FSDG issues of SCUMMVM-based games

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: FSDG issues of SCUMMVM-based games
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 08:36:16 +0200

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler 写道:
The packages
- drascula,

[…]

1. Their license explicitly prohibits selling of the games themselves
and may thus be qualified as non-free.

Yep, it's pretty explicit, and I agree that it's an unreasonable restriction that makes the software non-free.

2. The "sources" consist of binaries that are installed as-is.

Wow, you weren't kidding. Of the 1145(!) or 63 MiB(!) of files, literally not one is source code.

At best, the archive contains 3 ‘text’ files: one with only numbers, one with only asterisks, and one with only blank lines.

- lure,
- queen, and
- sky

I didn't check these, but I believe you if you say they're just as bad.

I see no way to keep these in Guix.

Thanks!

T G-R