guix-devel

Re: Needed for IceCat-102: rust-1.59 and rust-cbindgen-0.23

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Needed for IceCat-102: rust-1.59 and rust-cbindgen-0.23
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:35:43 +0000

Hi Maxime,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 04:30 PM, Maxime Devos wrote:

> On 13-09-2022 15:50, John Kehayias wrote:
>> Normally I would just go with the latest cbindgen to have that for future
>> uses, but
>> maybe we should just have 0.23 and 0.24? I have patches for both, just
>> trying to see
>> what would be cleanest here.
>
> From what I've heard (and experienced in antioxidant), they are backwards
> compatible, so
> just the latest should be fine, though possibly firefox's Cargo.toml
> (assuming it uses
> those) needs to be patched to accept 0.24 instead of 0.23.

I think you missed the earlier part where I linked to an upstream bug for
building some versions of firefox with cbindgen > 0.23. This is fixed on the
latest versions, but I'm not sure for the ESR ones and thus for IceCat.
Probably just need to try with newer cbindgen to see what happens. It was not
an issue with cargo.toml but an actual build failure.

John