guix-devel

Re: State of the 'core-updates' branch

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: State of the 'core-updates' branch
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 18:24:16 +0200

Hi Marius,

> I expect many Python packages need to be updated for 3.10.  To ease this
> process it would be great to get the revamped build system from
> 'wip-python-pep517' merged.  I plan to look at it "soon", but volunteers
> welcome.  :-)
not to discourage you from taking a look, but wip-python-pep517 is
most likely not in a good state. I haven’t worked on it for quite a
while and don’t expect the branch to apply cleanly to either master or
core-updates. It also forces us to touch alot of Python packages manually,
since the behavior of the 'check phase is slightly different and lots
of packages with previously not run test suites now fail due to running
it. I’d love to get this done, but my time is still very limited.

Cheers,
Lars