guix-devel

Re: A golden GNU for you

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: A golden GNU for you
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 12:53:34 +0000

Hi Felix,

On Sunday, September 25th, 2022 at 03:43, Felix Lechner via "Development of GNU
Guix and the GNU System distribution." <guix-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> When reading about the reopening of Bhutan and its cross-country trail
> [1] I came across a lesser-known species of gnu goat that due to its
> yellow color could be an appropriate mascot for our beloved Guix.
> Sorry this message came late for the ten-year party. [2]
>

> Unlike the African wildebeest that served as the inspiration for the
> GNU Project [3] Bhutan's takins—their national animals—also come in a
> golden color. [4] The golden variety lives exclusively in a mountain
> range in China and is very cute. [5][6]
>

> There are also Sichuan takins [7] that are gold and black, and perhaps
> an even better fit!

I did know about the golden wildebeest that is more similar to a blue
wildebeest (not many pics around though), but I didn't know about any of these
furry animals, thanks for sharing.

> P.S. I looked for a better Guix mailing list for a lighthearted
> message but could not find one.

I think it's ok. Things related to the guix-artwork repository have been
discussed here before.