guix-devel

WIP branch for MNT/Reform DIY laptop

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: WIP branch for MNT/Reform DIY laptop
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 15:07:01 -0800

I've been working on adding support for MNT/Reform to guix

  https://mnt.re/media/reform_md/2020-05-08-the-much-more-personal-computer.html

Just pushed the wip-mnt-reform branch; all it has is a kernel that I
have sucessfully booted on Debian, so it should be theoretically
possible to build a guix system image with it...

I haven't done extensive testing:

Working:

  Built-in Display
  keyboard
  ethernet
  serial console
  NVMe

Untested:

  Audio
  HDMI (non-FSDG)

There are a couple of FSDG issues, notably the HDMI and boot firmware
require binary blobs. I haven't included support for any of those.

One thing I haven't yet tried is seeing if the default linux-libre for
aarch64-linux; it might at least work with a serial console, though that
isn't much of a laptop. :)

live well,
  vagrant