guix-devel

Re: guix graph build phases

From: jgart
Subject: Re: guix graph build phases
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 10:10:43 -0600

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 23:12:16 +0100 Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> wrote:
> The graph will always be flat, since it's a list, so graphviz would be a bit
> overkill :). Being able to list phases could still be cool :)

Thinking more about this now I realize that just having a way to list the
phases would be great and probably not difficult to implement.

On another note,

What do you think if it would be possible to add documentation to custom phases?

I realize that the name of the phases acts as a short documentation but
what if we could write a short description documenting why the phase
is needed?

Then, when we list the phases we could also list the documentation for that
phase.

overkill? bloat?

all best,

jgart