guix-devel

Bogus ‘etc/teams.scm’ usage recommendations?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Bogus ‘etc/teams.scm’ usage recommendations?
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 23:29:56 +0100

Hello Guix!

The manual recommends this (info "(guix) Teams"):

  git send-email --to ISSUE_NUMBER@debbugs.gnu.org $(./etc/teams.scm cc
mentors) *.patch

where:

λ ./etc/teams.scm cc mentors
--add-header="X-Debbugs-Cc: rg@raghavgururajan.name"
--add-header="X-Debbugs-Cc: zimon.toutoune@gmail.com" …

I believe this cannot work because the shell will split words on each
whitespace; IOW, the double quotes above do not have the desired effect.

The second issue is that passing ‘--add-header’ to ‘git send-email’
seems to have no effect.  AIUI, ‘git send-email’ passes those to ‘git
format-patch’, except that it has no reason to invoke it, right?

Maybe I’m missing something but it looks like we have documentation to
improve.  Thoughts?

Ludo’.