guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 released

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 released
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 10:57:10 +0100

Hi Ludo, all,

On Tue, 03 Jan 2023 at 10:08, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> In my experience though, a lot of the work is coordination: keeping
> track of what needs to be done, open bugs, calling for testing, etc.

Yes, coordination is large part of the work, but not only as shown by
previous experiences (e.g., [1,2,3,4] and older others).

1: <https://yhetil.org/guix/86bkvckcgr.fsf@gmail.com>
2: <https://yhetil.org/guix/86ilvq5kmf.fsf@gmail.com>
3: <https://yhetil.org/guix/87tun2om0a.fsf_-_@gmail.com>
4: <https://yhetil.org/guix/867dmcifii.fsf@gmail.com>

> I think we should start thinking about the next release, forming a
> small release team, and I’ll be happy to mentor!

Definitively!  Count on me to candidate on such team. :-)

>From my point of view, this team will be a rotating effort.  For
instance, from 2 to 4 people will be part.  The duty is to be part for 2
releases; 1-2 person step downs for welcoming 1-2 new person after each
release.  Well, something similar to NixOS release management.

As usual, the question is about the bootstrap. ;-)

5: <https://nixos.org/community/teams/nixos-release.html>
6: <https://nixos.github.io/release-wiki/Release-Management-Team.html>

Cheers,
simon