guix-devel

Re: My first package

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: My first package
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 16:50:06 +0100

Hi Tobias,

Sorry for this late reply.

On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 at 09:35, Tobias Platen <guix@platen-software.de> wrote:

> I've created my first package for guix, the sekai speech synthesis
> toolkit which I use mainly for producing singing voice with lilypond.
> I'll also plan a talk at the gnu hackers meeting how I make Desktop
> Music using the Guix System. Two more packages will follow next.

Cool!  Thank you for your contribution.

For easing the merge, could you send to guix-patches@gnu.org this patch
using git-format-patch with a commit message.  Well, please give a look
at the section « Submitting Patches » [1] from the manual. :-)

1: <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches>

Two minor comment starting the review. :-)

>    #:use-module (gnu packages textutils))
>
> +

Here, you introduced an extra line.

> +(define-public sekai
> +  (package
> +    (name "sekai")
> +    (version "0.6.0")
> +    (source (origin
> +              (method git-fetch)
> +              (uri (git-reference
> +                    (url "https://notabug.org/isengaara/sekai";)
> +                    (commit "0.6rc0")))
> +              (sha256
> +               (base32
> +                "0j55pipx3hcp0xl4v0d72fdwysnz9a9a40x65a9lxpl4k6wyp4nm"))))
>
> +    (build-system cmake-build-system)
> +    (arguments '(#:tests? #f))

The tests are disallowed.  Any specific reason?  If yes, the usual
practise is to add a one line comment.  For example,

       (arguments '(#:tests? #f))    ; no tests

> +    (inputs `(("fftw" ,fftw)
> +              ("libsndfile",libsndfile)
> +           ("pkg-config",pkg-config)
> +           ("gsl",gsl)
> +           ("jsoncpp",jsoncpp)
> +           ("boost",boost)