guix-devel

Re: debug moviepy with jgart

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: debug moviepy with jgart
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 06:16:42 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the tests to pass for a Guix package that I am writing for
> moviepy.
>
> Any thoughts on how to resolve the below failures?
>
> I need to make some dir writeable?

Hello,

The non-writeable cache dir error seems to be coming from an imagemagick
subprocess. So yeah, we could look at what imagemagick needs for a
cache directory.

There are many errors so I'd try tackling them one by one. Starting
with those that are more obvious to be related to the environment and
IO (and hoping fixing them will also fix some of the non-obvious ones).

You could try using the approach described in [1] to enter the build
environment. Then you can rerun the Hypothesis tests by hand. I'd look
into Hypothesis documentation and check how to only run a sepcific test
to save time. I'd then also check the other options of the tool —
perhaps there's a way to increase verbosity in test output?

Good luck,
Wojtek

[1] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Debugging-Build-Failures.html