guix-devel

Re: Struggling to write Dissecting Guix, Part 2

From: david larsson
Subject: Re: Struggling to write Dissecting Guix, Part 2
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 19:28:02 +0100

On 2023-01-26 07:34, ( wrote:
On Wed Jan 25, 2023 at 7:39 PM GMT, david larsson wrote:
https://towardsdatascience.com/monads-from-the-lens-of-imperative-programmer-af1ab8c8790c

I'm not too sure about this one, I'm afraid.

    -- (

What are you not too sure about?

There is also pseudo-code (so not python) version of it on Wikipedia that's almost identical: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monad_(functional_programming)#Program_logging

I thought the wikipedia version is kind of clearer mainly because it's a little more "complete"-feeling. I added some stuff myself to the first article making it more like the wikipedia, etc, the and attached it here if anyone's interested. That's still in python, but if I ever were to write a monad in guile, I'd almost certainly start with trying to translate this one.

Best regards,
David