guix-devel

guix build -S 💛 --with-branch

From: jgart
Subject: guix build -S 💛 --with-branch
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 18:07:41 +0000

Hi Guixers,

Just opening this thread for us to brainstorm how we can improve the symbiosis
between guix build -S and --with-branch.

>From a #guix irc conversation earlier today with civodul:

jgart:
What do people think of having a guix clone command that passes the result of
(-> network-manager (package-source) (origin-uri)) to git clone? -> is from
guile-pipe package in upstream guix

civodul:
> hey! sounds interesting; there's some overlap with "guix build -S" and with
> "--with-branch" and the likes, i wonder how we could improve symbiosis :-)

all best,

jgart

https://github.com/joshwalters/guile-pipe