guix-devel

Re: Merging core-updates?

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Merging core-updates?
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:40:35 +0100

Andreas Enge writes:

> Am Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 12:58:06PM +0100 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
>> And I was able to rebuild (with --check) patch-mesboot. The error looks
>> a lot like https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49985. We should fix that indeed
>> :)
>
> Ah indeed, that looks like deal breaking; maybe someone from MES can have
> a look?

I have backported

    DRAFT lib: stat: Use SYS_stat64 for 32bit platforms.wip

to `wip'

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/mes.git/commit/?id=05d10877410b48d0a4f8960fd62190d70329eea7

that was slated to become Mes 0.25, after adding initial risc-v support
and some thorough testing.  If this works, maybe we should postpone
initial risc-v support to 0.26.

> What is the magic incantation with double "@@" to build this package?
> Ah, here we go, for reference to self:
>    guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) patch-mesboot)'

Thanks.  It would be nice, however, if there was a way for me to
reproduce this bug.

Greetings,
Janneke

--