guix-devel

Re: Merging core-updates?

From: Kaelyn
Subject: Re: Merging core-updates?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 21:36:17 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Monday, February 13th, 2023 at 8:04 PM, Efraim Flashner
<efraim@flashner.co.il> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 06:29:04PM +0000, Kaelyn wrote:
>
> > Hi,

Interesting! Since my last email, I was able to fix the issue with file by
adding "--disable-xzlib" to the file package in gnu/packages/commencement.scm
(after discovering it when noticing "--disable-bzlib" was being passed to the
configure script), but hadn't sent in a patch yet because I hit a subsequent
test failure while building tar. I thought to disable xz support because I
traced the source of the glibc-mesboot libpthread.so in the error message to
xz-mesboot being detected by the configure script and linked in even though
file itself was being linked against a newer glibc and had no explicit
dependencies. (I think the error after upgrading to glibc 2.35 from 2.33 was an
abi compatibility between the newer glibc and the old pthread being pulled in
via xz-mesboot.)

Cheers,
Kaelyn