guix-devel

Re: Merging branch wip-haskell

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Merging branch wip-haskell
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:31:50 +0100

Hello Lars,

Am Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 10:01:16AM +0100 schrieb Lars-Dominik Braun:
> just a heads-up: The long overdue Haskell update is finally rolling in,
> bumping our packages to Stackage release 20.5 and the compiler to 9.2. The
> corresponding issue is #61420.

congratulations!

> Is there anything preventing a merge into currently? Can we coordinate
> the merge with some other big world-rebuilding changes waiting to happen
> (apart from core-updates)?

I do not think we should coordinate, this was part of the motivation for
considering feature branches in the first place, to avoid entanglement
with different updates.

However, QA has not run yet:
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/61420
I assume it will start in a few days, so maybe you could wait a little bit
until it has run and hopefully provided substitutes on bordeaux?

By the way, there are also branches wip-haskell-updates and
wip-haskell-updates-2 from 2020; maybe they can be deleted?

Andreas