guix-devel

Re: Golang go-updates feature branch?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Golang go-updates feature branch?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:54:39 -0500

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 10:22:07PM +0100, Josselin Poiret wrote:
> The inferior that's used in 'build-aux/cuirass/evaluate.scm' is built
> from the current check-out by first adding the checkout to the store and
> then building it the usual way.  However, that copy only selects files
> that belong to the git tree using the git-predicate.  If you add the
> manifest to the git checkout by first committing it, it should proceed
> happily (at least it did over here).

Thank you for your help Josselin! It's much appreciated.

As part of our effort to move towards a "feature branch" development
workflow, it will be useful to collect these tips so that everyone can
create and test their own manifests and Cuirass specs.

I wonder where it should go: a blog post, the cookbook, the Guix manual,
etc?