guix-devel

Re: Openjdk (was: Merging core-updates?)

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Openjdk (was: Merging core-updates?)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 11:55:06 +0100

Am Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 05:27:02PM +0000 schrieb Kaelyn:
> I don't know much about openjdk or its development process, but I had one
> possible thought about the pattern of patch application. Was it a patch that
> was applied or backported to existing openjdk releases, and are @14 and @16
> the latest releases of those series? At least to me as a naive outside
> observer, the patch being needed for some of the older release branches but
> not others sounds like a patch applied to multiple existing release branches,
> with openjdk@14 and @16 being at older point releases from prior to the patch
> being applied upstream.

Ah, right, this sounds like a good explanation, thanks, Kaelyn!

I think we should consider core-updates frozen for the moment, but someone
updating these intermediate openjdk versions in the future should pay
attention to it.

In the meantime, I have pushed a convoluted patch that adds and removes
the patch by dancing back and forth.

Andreas