guix-devel

Re: Python (was: Merging core-updates?)

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: Python (was: Merging core-updates?)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 16:50:37 +0100

Hi,

> Except that we have to decide what to do about its dependents...
upgrade or drop if not possible. pycryptodome does not provide an entirely
compatible interface (see https://www.pycryptodome.org/src/vs_pycrypto),
so we cannot simply switch existing packages from pycrypto to pycryptdome
without manual testing and (possibly) patching.

eolie upstream looks dead, same with jrnl. The rest seems to be alive
without any references to python-pycrypto. So these should be upgradable
and then we can drop python-pycrypto.

Lars