guix-devel

Re: Python

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Python
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 18:44:17 +0100

Am Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 09:27:23PM +0100 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> Am Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 04:50:37PM +0100 schrieb Lars-Dominik Braun:
> > eolie upstream looks dead, same with jrnl.

Removed.

> I found python-miio, which depends on python-android-backup, which depends
> on python-pycrypto.
> The first one looks alive with a new release last July, the middle one
> looks dead.
> Looking at
>    https://github.com/rytilahti/python-miio/blob/master/pyproject.toml
> android-backup appears to be an optional dependency.

python-miio updated, python-android-backup removed.

I also removed python-potr and python-pycrypto;
which naturally led me to removing python-potr from the inputs of poezio.

OTR is marked as a plugin of poezio, but apparently needed for its tests
to pass. I disabled the tests for the time being. The egg information also
mentions potr as a requirement. I could not test the package, since upon
startup it complains about unicode and locales.

If someone else could have a look, that would be good. If potr is indeed
a requirement, we should remove poezio also: We should not ship
unmaintained cryptography software.

Andreas